Friday, December 2, 2022

Bandcamp Friday Bids Farewell to 2022!

The final Bandcamp Friday of the year is here! By now you know the drill: Bandcamp waives its revenue share and all the money goes directly to the artists and labels for a full 24 hours. For one last time in 2022, here are my top five picks for the occasion.

First off, after close to 40 years in the game, Swedish doom legends Candlemass return with their latest album, Sweet Evil Sun. I’m here to tell you that they haven’t lost a step. You can pick up that bad boy right here.

Second, Canuck doom metal/space rock trio Eye of Doom have released their first LP, The Sapient, and it’s an absolute album of the year contender. You can read my thoughts on it here and grab the album here.

Third, my personal discovery of the month, Running Maiden, put out their first EP, an awesome throwback to the glory days of NWOBHM. You can read what I thought about it here and this is a band to keep an eye on in 2023. Feast your ears on their self-titled debut here.

Fourth, one of my favourite duos of the past five years, VAZUM, recently released a new single with two bonus tracks titled The Precious Ones. As usual, it’s a stellar bunch of songs and you should definitely pick it up over here.

Fifth, to round out my picks, Titanosaur’s fantastic No One Home EP will be landing in our galaxy on December 9th. You can read my musings about it here and get your copy over here; this one’s a must for your year-end shopping list.

And that’s all she wrote, folks! 2022 has come and is pretty much gone. Dig in and support the bands and labels that have given us another phenomenal year of music. There’s no telling when Bandcamp Friday will return, but if I were to take a guess, I’d say sometime next spring. Until next time, enjoy the music! 

No comments:

Post a Comment