Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Happy Holidays & Things To Come

I’d like to take a moment to wish all my readers and followers a wonderful Holiday season and magical times with people who are dear to you. May this coming year bring you good health, lots of love, bundles of joy, and much success. It’s been a very hectic year on the blog as I gained a wider following and readership while I tried new things to expand the scope of the Harbinger of D.O.O.M.

Not everything worked unfortunately; a big disappointment for me was the Doom Comes Knocking Bandcamp compilation which didn’t perform anywhere near what I had anticipated in terms of sales despite having a stellar lineup of bands. It sidetracked my plans for the next couple of years as I had hoped to make it a yearly tradition but alas, I shall wait until the Harbinger of D.O.O.M. grows infinitely bigger to curate another compilation in the future. Some of my favourite columns to write are the ones that seem to attract the less views (Audiobook Showcase, for instance), but I will continue to write even more of them in 2023 and hopefully convert some of you into audiobook aficionados (or maybe even to pick up a book and read every now and then).

There will be some changes for 2023 in the direction of the blog. I will focus more on the genres of music I love the most, i.e. traditional heavy metal and old school doom. There will be less content/musings focusing on stoner rock, heavy rock, and heavy psych. Of course, if it’s something I really dig, regardless of genre, I will cover/review it. Bands whose music I’ve reviewed favourably in the past will always have a home for future releases and can count on good old Harbinger to shine a light on them. As usual, there will not be any coverage of death/black/extreme metal in any shape or form.

It’s been an amazing year loaded with phenomenal music—too much music in fact—and we can expect 2023 to only get bigger and better. These are great times to be a rock/doom/metal music fan! It’s an awesome renaissance of the sound from the ‘70s and ‘80s. I’ll have two more posts on the blog before the year is through (my Top 20 Albums of 2022, and one more column a week later) and then I’ll take some time off to return on January 9th, 2023. It was officially announced that Bandcamp Fridays would be back in 2023, returning on February 3rd, so that’s always something fun to look forward to. Until then, stay safe and enjoy the tunes! 

1 comment: