Saturday, June 29, 2024

2024 Mid-Year Top Ten

The first half of 2024 is already history! I think it goes by faster with every passing year. These first six months have been absolutely phenomenal music-wise and it’ll be hard to top that for the second half of the year. So, as I did last year, I thought I’d do a Mid-Year Top Ten to see where we’re at. Some albums that I ranked really high upon the first couple of listens dropped down a bit in the rankings and vice versa. Essentially, these are the ten LPs that I keep going back to, week in, week out. Each album listed features a link to its respective review.

10. Blaze Bayley – Circle of Stone

9. Freeways – Dark Sky Sanctuary

8. Tonnerre – La Nuit Sauvage

7. Castle Rat – Into the Realm

6. VAZUM – Western Violence

5. Ace Frehley – 10,000 Volts

4. The Mercury Riots – In Solstice

3. Bruce Dickinson – The Mandrake Project

2. Sebastian Bach – Child Within the Man

1. Judas Priest – Invincible Shield

And those are my picks! What are your favourite albums of the year so far? Hopefully my list will make you discover an album you’d overlooked or that you just found out about for the first time. Summer’s in full swing so enjoy your weekend and listen to music! 

No comments:

Post a Comment