Sunday, August 21, 2022

The Man Behind the Harbinger

If you’re a follower of this blog or if you follow me on Twitter, you know what to expect from your good old Harbinger by now in terms of content. One thing you don’t know (or at least the vast majority of you out there don’t) is who’s behind this cyber magazine. Well, I thought it’d be a good time to reveal a little more about myself. I’ve been a fiction writer for about seventeen years, writing as Alan Draven and sometimes as Neal Vandar (an anagram of Alan Draven). I’ve written mostly in the horror genre with some thrillers and fantasy stories along the way. After all this time, I’ve decided to call it quits, as I’ve stated this morning on my author blog. So, my upcoming seventh novel, Once Upon a Time in Bitternest, will be my final book.

I’d invite you all to check it out this coming October 25th. It’ll be published in print as a trade paperback and digitally on Kindle. You can peruse the cover art below. Here’s what it’s about: “Bitternest. City of drunken ambitions and sunken dreams. For more than a century, dark and supernatural occurrences have been a part of day-to-day life in this Louisiana town. Jeremy Cyrus, a vampire who was around in the first decade of the town’s inception, has returned to the beloved city he calls home. The Woolrichs, a wealthy family of werewolves, now rule the city from the shadows with an iron fist. They’ve had bad blood with Cyrus dating back almost 150 years.

Marty Johnson is a struggling freelance writer living in Chicago. His lifelong fantasy has been to rob a bank. One day he decides that it’s now or never and finds the perfect opportunity down south in a town he’s never heard of called Bitternest. Meanwhile, one of Marty’s best friends, Carter Adams, is obsessed with catching a serial killer who slipped through his fingers in Chicago and who appears to have made his way to Bitternest. Along with a couple of their pals with delusions of grandeur, they’ll join forces to pursue their goals.

Cyrus. The Woolrichs. Marty. Carter. Their paths will collide in an action-packed, supernatural thriller where the stakes are at their highest. No one will come out unscathed and not everyone will make it out alive. It’s a tale for the ages where past history clashes with the present and the outcome will change Bitternest’s future forever.”

I’ll have more info and some links for you over the coming weeks. If you’d like to purchase a signed print copy, let me know by emailing me or messaging me on Twitter and I’ll take care of it. The price point should be around $20 US for the print version. Have no fear, though, the Harbinger of D.O.O.M. blog is alive and kicking with plenty of goodies in store for you, starting with the Doom Comes Knocking Bandcamp compilation on September 23rd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment