Monday, September 20, 2021

Harbinger of D.O.O.M.'s First Anniversary!

The Harbinger of D.O.O.M. blog turns a year old today! Actually, it was yesterday as I had made the first official post on September 19th, 2020, but the first real post consisting of two album reviews was on September 20th, 2020 so I decided to celebrate it today, the 20th, for this first anniversary. I’ve really enjoyed posting album reviews, a few articles here and there, and doing interviews over the course of the past year. I’ve also received a lot of positive feedback from the community, bands, and labels, as well as lots of album submissions for review, so it’s encouraging.

Speaking of submissions; I’d like to reiterate that I’m a bit picky in the type of music I review. I’m an old fart and I don’t like overly aggressive music. The submission guidelines are on the right of this page and while my tastes are broad in terms of categories (doom/stoner/psych/metal/prog/occult/rock/etc), I absolutely will not review anything that falls under death metal, black metal, or anything with extreme vocals. That kind of music isn’t my cup of tea. At all. I’ve reviewed a few albums from time to time that were borderline on screaming/extreme vocals, but will no longer do so in the future. That being said, I welcome your submissions if they’re not in those specific subgenres of music. If you’re a new band and would like some more exposure, maybe to be interviewed/have a conversation with the Harbinger of D.O.O.M., drop me a line and we’ll see how we can set it up.

I look forward to another year with more reviews/articles/interviews and possibly a much bigger project that I’m daydreaming about for the future of the good old Harbinger. I hope you’ve found some interesting suggestions on what to listen to and have been entertained by the overall content of this blog. Hopefully I’ve helped (and will continue) to shine a spotlight on some lesser-known bands and it has allowed you, the reader/listener, to discover some great music and pick up a few records/albums along the way to support those awesome bands. Onwards and upwards as they say!

No comments:

Post a Comment